Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day Four

The day began with another Target run -- discounts were up to 90% off so I went to five stores, making a loop from Diamond Bar to Chino Hills, then progressing to Chino, Montclair and finally La Verne. Thankfully I remembered to pack a Larabar this time for sustenance. By the time I returned home, the car was literally filled to the ceiling. My best find? A $200.00 Smith and Hawken outdoor garden fountain at 75% off. I tried to convince my husband that it would be soothing to set it up in the house to no avail, but it's lovely outside all the same.

I experimented today making a raw chili -- I think it tastes pretty good but I'm letting the flavors meld overnight before I actually make a meal of it. Here's how I did it:



In the food processor until it has a fine, crumbly consistency:

  • organic zucchini
  • organic broccoli
  • organic green beans
  • organic carrots
In the Vitamix, pureed:

  • sundried tomatoes
  • water
  • organic sugar plum tomatoes
  • organic carrots
  • organic raisins
  • chili powder
  • onion granules
  • pepper
  • cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
  • Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Combine all above with

  • chopped walnuts
  • sprouted lentils
  • sprouted sunflower seeds


I noticed a bit of a headache returning again in late afternoon after eating a cooked meal -- don't know if there's a correlation but worth observing to see if it happens again.

Here's what I ate:
  • 9:30 am: Larabar Apple Pie Flavor
  • 1 pm: Raw Green Smoothie (Mango, banana, organic apple, large handfuls of spinach, and a bit of agave upon tasting -- I don't think the fruits were quite ripe enough) and a handful of almonds. I shared the smoothie with my daughter -- she's actually starting to request it!
  • 4:30 pm: Trader Joe's Dal Makahni and Garlic Naan with a glass of sparkling lemon mineral water
  • 8:30 pm: Post nap snack of raisins, almonds and walnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment